Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Because It's been too long...

Dear Blog,

I know I've neglected you lately. I had so much fun writing on you for over the past year. But lately the postings have been few and far between. Why? Because, since I moved, I have become very boring.



Remember the post I wrote about needing a hobby sometime last year? I'm feeling like that again. I'm torn - do I commit myself to being a housewife, or really try to explore my options? And by options, I mean actually considering myself a writer and then marketing myself online?

I feel so pretentious saying I'm a writer. Who isn't these days? There are blogs by the buttload, and everyone is a "social media" expert. I've never considered myself a writer, because I'm my own worst critic. Did I make money as a writer at one point? Yup, because I had a job at a military newspaper, so all things considered, I guess that qualifies.

If I want to do more than scrub sinks and fold laundry all day, I guess it's time to get out there. By out there, I mean the Internet world. I'm a homebody who worries obsessively about my son, and God forbid what would happen if I wasn't home when he was. I'm a freak, I know, Blog, but that's how I roll.

So, Blog, I will touch base with you as much as possible. I forget how much I like to write until I'm talking to you again.

No comments: