Monday, April 14, 2008

Hobby-Less


It's been about a month since I quit my substitute teacher job, and I've figured out at about a month is when I get itchy. Not physically, but mentally and emotionally.


I worked part-time from 1997 to 2007, and it wasn't very taxing, but I got to use my brain, a lot. I'm not quite sure how to be a housewife and be content. So I'm asking anyone reading this to help me out and find me a good hobby.


First, I do read, a lot. But I can only read for so many hours before my eyes hurt and I feel nauseous. Same with the computer. I can only play bingo online for so long before I feel like yuking.


I can't sew or knit, so that's out. I love TV, but I'm not sure that's classified as a hobby. Forget about volunteering, I don't like people. (Wow, I sound like a ton of fun). I do love sports. I have cross-stitched in the past but have no patience for it anymore.


If you have a suggestion that is cost-effective, please let me know. Otherwise I'm going to have start dressing up my dog and she really doesn't like it. (bitch-she's got some cute-ass dresses too)

No comments: