Thursday, April 16, 2009

Because I am truly blessed....

I've never been one of those moms who had to let the world know my child had a bowel movement. I loathe those moms. Get a life, I always said, although not having seemingly much of one of my own, I knew better than to be one of those I wanted to kick into next week.

There's no doubt I am blessed. I'm not a religious person, but I do pray to God every night, and every so often, I thank Him, I mean, really thank him, for my beloved son.

One night when I was about six or seven months pregnant, I couldn't sleep, so I went into the nursery and sat in the recliner we had set up. I don't know what overcame me, but suddenly I started crying, and talking to God, asking him to please, please make sure my baby was okay and that everything would be fine.

Wow, did God go above and beyond. Every day I feel like the luckiest mom on the earth. Addison is smart-honor roll, gifted program, etc. He's a good-looking kid-chicks dig him and he was blessed with the light-colored hair and bright blue eyes that apparently skip generations. He's gifted athletically-we're still trying to find a sport he's not instantly awesome at. He's funny-he's got his dad's sense of humor, which, if you know Adam, is one in a million. Okay, two in a million.

I could go on and on but I don't want to be that mom. I know in my heart God truly blessed me that night when I so pleaded with Him. He gave me a child that makes parenting easy. I get the credit so often for what a great kid he is from friends and family, but really, the credit goes to God for sending me one of the best kids ever.

I love you, golden boy!

No comments: