Monday, June 29, 2009

Because I've seen parts of Georgia I didn't need to...

Wow, it's been two weeks since I updated the blog. That would coincide right around when Adam left to California for training. That said, it means I was left to drive Addison all around Georgia for baseball.

This is kind of confusing...Addison played recreation baseball for the town of Pooler. That season ended a few weeks ago. He was one of 12 boys in his age group chosen to be an All-Star for the town. That entailed practices several times a week. He also plays for a traveling tournament team. I know. Basically, it ends up being a shit ton of baseball.

Three weeks ago we had a tournament for the All-Stars in Lyons, Ga. Two days of traveling back and forth. Two weeks ago we were down in Brunswick, Ga., back and forth for two days. Last week we were in Blackshear, Ga., for three days, back and forth.

For a girl who bought her '04 Saturn brand new five years ago and had less than 15,000 miles on it, this was a lot of traveling. I put more than 1,300 miles on my car in those weeks. And, Adam was gone.

But I'm not going to complain. I'm thrilled Addison is good at baseball. I enjoyed our time together through all those hours. Sometimes his friends came with us, and I know he enjoyed that too.

I really could have done without the 100+ degree weather we endured for hours on end. But hey, it's Georgia, right?

No comments: