Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Because I'm reviewing ...

I'm reviewing the last few weeks of my life, those weeks since Adam's left. All I can say is, wow.

I've changed, and changed immensely. I feel a sudden onset of maturity. I'm not saying I'm not any fun anymore, and that I won't moon the nearest person at the first chance (After drinking, of course. Okay, maybe not).

What I mean is that for the first time in my life, I feel capable. That if I can do this, I can do anything. This is my seventh time going through a deployment, and I finally feel like it's going to be okay. I've never been a nervous-wreck sort of person throughout any of them. I take that back - the first one was a nightmare. Not knowing where in the world your husband is, having no communication with him and not knowing when he was coming back sucked. At least I know where he is, although not being able to promise Addison he will come home bothers me. We don't broach that subject though, we focus on the positive.

Yes, there is a positive. The positive is the intense pride we have at being a military family. It's like having the National Anthem playing in a loop, constantly in your head and in your heart. Sounds corny, but it's true!

So yes, I'll make it through this one too. And more in the next six years before Adam retires (who knows, he might even stay in longer after 20 years). He absolutely loves his job. I love that he has a job and love that he loves it. It's a big ol' lovefest in the Nash family!

No comments: