Friday, September 11, 2009

Because I'm so stubborn...

If you've ever had government-run healthcare, you can feel my pain. It sucks. Especially military healthcare. It's so bad that I only go if I absolutely have to (yearly girl stuff, and refills for my inhaler). Other than that, I usually just suffer or self-treat. I know, stupid, but unless you are in the same boat, you have no idea!

Last week my ear got really itchy inside. The next day it felt kind of full, and I could feel that it was swollen inside. I figured it would go away on it's own. I figured wrong.

Because, of course, I had to try to self-treat. I thought it may be some sort of sinus/throat infection. Then I figured it might be a big ol' zit, a cyst or something. Now I just have no clue, except it's putting a lot of pressure on everything around it, and it's uncomfortable. It's not painful, but of course I've been poking around in there, because I'd be soooo embarrassed if I go to be seen and have a big zit in there. For cripes sake, I'm 35 years old. I guess ears have no age though.

So now I'm going to stop being so stubborn. I'm going to wait until after duty hours (so I don't have to call my clinic, which will invariably steer me towards the ER, which I will NOT go to) and go to the walk-in medical clinic. Civilians rock. I'm so afraid they're going to be able to tell I've been sticking all kinds of Q-tips in there, poking around, probably touching my brain. Oh well, I'll bite the bullet.

I can't wait to tell Addison we'll be spending Friday night at Urgent One. What a glamorous life I lead!

No comments: