Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Because it's day two...

Adam and I started the nicotine patch yesterday in an attempt to kick our habits (snuff for him, cigs for me). I am determined to be a non-smoker, and for a lot of reasons. I like looking young and still getting carded. I want to live to see my grandkids. I'm stupid enough to have been smoking with mild asthma for the past 17 years. I know, DUH. I've had enough sickness that I know what it's like to not be able to breathe properly. I don't ever want to have that feeling permanently. I'd have to call Jack Kevorkian.

The nicotine addiction is bad. But, with the help of the patch, tolerable. For me, it's all about filling in that extra time I so often spent outside smoking. Yesterday I got down on my hands and knees with a nail brush and cleaned my kitchen tile floor with Clorox Clean-Up. I scrubbed the shit out of it, and now have a very clean floor. I even got the grout clean again.

Today I scrubbed my shower. If you have hard water, you know how hard this can be. I swear by the Scrubbing Bubbles in the blue can and a yellow Dobie pad. Just put a little ass into it and it actually gets clean. I tried everything for my glass shower door. Again, I swear by spraying a little cooking spray on it and rubbing it in. Voila!

So I'm keeping busy. I'm treating this like a competition, because no one, absolutely no one, beats me. Okay, Adam beats me at most things (except basketball - I'm 5'2" and he's 6'3", but the boy has no game), but this is one showdown I'm going to win.

No comments: