Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Because this is what I'm digging...

I'm very decidely a creature of habit. When I was in the second grade I ate peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for lunch, every single day. When I find something I like, I stick with it.

I do like some variety though. I find myself obsessed (not creepy-like, just interested in) different things. They may vary from day to day, week to week, etc. You know what I mean.

This is what I'm digging on right now:

*History. I've always liked history, but never got into it. It's Adam's thing. He's a history major. I started watching the History Channel documentary series "America The Story of Us" and I'm now really, really interested in everything history-related. I find myself wanting to know every detail of the Pilgrims (which I always liked anyway), the Revolutionary War, etc.

*Betty White. I've always loved her. Suddenly everyone else does too. Well, I've loved her since I was a teenager, when I watched the Golden Girls every Saturday night.

*Books. I've downloaded more than I can read on my Kindle, but it's a comfort thing for me. I like to know I have a lot of different books available for me to read at any one time. Today I bought Laura Bush's book, Spoken from the Heart, The Imperfectionists: A Novel, and Shit My Dad Says. I also ordered Jen Lancaster's new book to be delivered since it's not available on the Kindle, at least not yet. I really, really hope it makes it here by Friday like Amazon said.

*Candles. Okay, this is nothing new. I'm obsessed with candles. I enjoy everything about candles. I love buying new candles. Right now I'm into fruity, tropical scents, maybe because it's been HOT here in Savannah.

*Hockey. I'm loving the way the Bruins are plowing through games and opponents. I've always loved hockey, but don't get a lot of opportunities to watch the Bruins. It's fun to get into the game, yell at the t.v., and high five Adam when we score.

Here's what I'm not digging: the shitty way the Red Sox are playing; cleaning; schoolwork. I know this is all normal.

No comments: