Thursday, January 10, 2008

I heart Jim Cantore

Not only am I a news junkie, I'm a weather addict. My friends will call me to find out the forecast, and not only do I give them the forecast, I let them know the high and low and what the percentage for chance of rain is.
Here's what gets me excited: rain and thunderstorms on the way.

Currently, today at 4:30 p.m., I am breathless with anticipation of the rain and really bad thunderstorms currently blowing through Mississippi and Alabama, headed this way. I don't wish for anyone to get hurt, and the thought of tornadoes scares the shit out of me, but a good ol' thunderstorm that makes you think you might shit your pants is always fun. I love to feel that hunkered down feeling, that me and Adam and Addison are cozy in the house, safe from the storm. I guess since we live in Georgia this would be compared to a snowstorm. I don't miss snow, just that feeling of being indoors comfy cozy with lots of candles, blankets and good movies. I plan on watching the best movie ever (after Ferris Bueller's Day Off, of course) Superbad. I can't get enough of this movie. I highly recommend getting your hands on it, if you have the means.

No comments: