Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Primaries, schmimaries


I have always been interested in politics, but this particular political season is already irritating me. Probably because it started LAST SUMMER. Okay, it's 2008, an election year, but this stuff is being crammed down my throat. Hey, MSNBC, take your Super Tuesdays and shove them down your throat. Bring me back my news of missing wives and what Britney did last night (besides driving around in a car with no license plate for months) and what teenage star is pregnant. Not all gossip and entertainment, because I appreciate news of all sorts, but please, enough is enough.

I explained to Adam my thoughts on all of this. I have no power over who will be the candidates for their respective parties. What I will do is vote for the Republican who is chosen. 'Nuff said. What I would like the candidates to do is tell me what they think, not what they think I want to hear. As a person well known for saying what she thinks on a very regular basis, I want a candidate to tell me straight up what they can and can't do. A good reference to this is the Saved By The Bell episode where Jessie and Zack run against each other for class president. Check it out sometime. TBS runs the show from 7 to 9 a.m. weekdays and it will soon be starting on The N.

Gotta love that huge cell phone Zack lugs around.

No comments: