Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Tickled Blue!


My BFF Ely (pronounced like Ellie, it is the shortened version of her name, Eliamar) is expecting her first child, a boy, in mid-February. I have been so excited for her and her husband Brian. I was the first person to find out the sex of the baby after Brian.

So last night Ely asked if Adam and I would be the godparents! I was flabbergasted, and so honored that she would ask that of us. I said yes, of course, I would love to! She knows me and my history of churches but I told her I would be good, the devil would let go of his grip on my stomach for the baptism.

I am over the moon about this. I think it's an honor when you ask non-family to be your child's godparents, because you entrust your child to those people should something happen to you and your spouse. I think Ely knows we already love the baby as our own. Cripes, Addison (and the dogs) call Ely "Tia." They are as close to family as you can get without the whole blood thing.

Anyway, this has made my entire year. I feel so happy, just when my SAD is starting, so it's a welcome request!

No comments: