Friday, October 3, 2008

Losing my mind, wish somebody would tell me I'm fine

I'm not quite sure when it happened. I'd like to blame it on the fact that I'm unemployed, but I don't want to give housewives a bad name. Lately, my brain has turned into a ball of mush, an unintelligble, mangled mess.

Here's a few examples:
* Last Saturday, Adam and I were sitting on the couch talking. He asked me a question and when I tried to answer, my mouth and brain were not in sync, and instead of words, all that came out was "blahhhh whaaa jusbuaaaaa." We looked at each other and just started laughing. "What the fuck was that?" he asked. "I have no clue, I tried to talk and a bunch of noises just came out," I told him. One of the more stranger things that has ever happened to me.

* A couple days ago, I told Adam, "My hair just keeps growing!" I didn't quite mean for it to come out like that. What I meant was that he had just cut my hair a couple of weeks ago and it seemed like it was long again.

* Last night, Adam asked me to hold his hand while he went to sleep. "Oh, you have nails," he said. "Yeah, they keep growing," I told him. "Oh, kind of like your hair?" he asked. Nailed. Burned. Yup, he recognized my own stupidity and brought it to my attention. Again, what I meant was I had just trimmed them via my mouth last week and they seem to be long again. I never notice my nails growing until they are long, then it just bothers me.

These are all the beauties I have for now. So proud to be me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww... I know what you mean. I definitely think you are allowed a pass. You are too funny!
- Audrey