Thursday, May 14, 2009

Because I'm addicted...

No, not to beer, but thanks for asking.

I'm addicted to Facebook and I'm not ashamed to say it. Being a "homemaker" (I say this because I don't do a lot of homemaking, it's not a dig against any homemakers because I am one too, I just don't feel like a real one because my only child is in school all day...), Facebook is my lifeline to the outside world during the 8 hours I'm alone on the weekdays. I know, I know, get a hobby, Erin.

What I will say is this...Facebook has been great for me. I've found friends I haven't seen since I was 10, yet we still remember each other. I found friends from junior high, names I haven't seen in 20 years, yet we still remember each other. And, of course, friends from high school.

It's strange to see how some people have aged. A lot of the guys have put on weight. Some turned from geek to chic. Some girls look exactly the same, others I wouldn't recognize if they were standing in front of my face.

I've been lucky to reconnect with the people I grew up with, who shaped me, formed me and got into trouble with me.

I'm always looking for new friends on Facebook too. I've met other Army wives, etc. Look me up-Erin Moroz Nash-and I look forward to getting to know all about you.

5 comments:

Peeved Michelle said...

My (single, employed) friend and I were just talking about the term "homemaker" the other day. I don't like it. I said that if I didn't work, I would call myself a housewife. I also don't like the term stay-at-home-mom. It feels like it is trying too hard.

Sara said...

Your blog makes me laugh. I noticed that we both like Tuesdays With Morrie. It really is a great book.

Comment back?

-Sara

the-poet-girl.blogspot.com

Erin said...

I agree Michelle. I think of contractors when I say homemaker. Housewife makes me feel like a shut-in who darns socks all day and sweeps the chimney. I am going to just go with "unemployed" because that's what I am.

Thanks Sara. I reread Tuesdays at least once a year when I feel down so as to appreciate life again. Um, I am Polish and kind of slow..."comment back?" means what? Do you want me to comment on your blog? I'll head over to it right now and check it out.

~**Dawn**~ said...

Facebook is an awesome thing. It makes it so easy to reconnect & also stay in touch! That's a big deal for me since I lived 25 years of my life in Connecticut before moving to Florida so of course most of the people I know are from "back home." I can definitely see how Facebook would be useful for someone who moves around quite a bit!

I am one of those people who look *nothing* like I did in high school. Went from long hair to short & gained so much confidence, I can actually see the difference in photos! Crazy. I'm still quiet & reserved til I get to know you but not because I'm painfully shy anymore.

Lea said...

You are not the only one. I am completely addicted. I cannot access it at work and I feel loss during the day. I'm on it as soon as I get up and as soon as I get home.

My 20th Class Reunion is this year and there are so many of my classmates that I have connected with again and family that I now talk to daily. I love it.