Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Because it's one of those days...

Maybe it's the weather. Maybe it's because it's Wednesday. Or, it could just be me. Regardless, I've been having a few of those "poor me" days. I'm in some sort of funk.

Sunday it started raining. It's rained here and there over the last few days, but what is really bringing me down is the temperature. I've never seen a high of 59 in late May in Georgia. I feel like I'm back on good ol' Cape Cod. I love hot, humid weather and this crap has got to go.

Adam, of course, is working. Since he's become first sergeant it's been hard not seeing him much. I've accepted it and am soooo very proud of him for his accomplishments, and yes, I knew what sort of time this job would entail. I miss him when he's not here.

I'm excited for tomorrow, though. Adam has a four-day weekend (FINGERS CROSSED, PEOPLE) but even I have learned that a day off could turn out to be a day worked.

I don't want to be Debbie Downer. Nobody likes Debbie Downer. I went out and did a little retail therapy. I'm trying to keep my head up, and look forward to the weekend. No more feeling sorry for myself.

No comments: