Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Because I'm paying them monthly....

I finally have friends! Drinking buddies! People I trust leaving Addison with!

The first couple of weeks in Savannah were lonely. I missed my Benning friends and didn't meet anyone here. All my neighbors are old or recluses. I felt like a loser when I signed Addison up for school and had no emergency contact numbers, because I didn't know a soul.

We've finally, finally found our "group." It's funny how when you're grown, it's still sort of like high school. You might meet other people and like them just fine, but that first time of hanging out with new people and you just sort of know that these are the people you are most alike with is great. That totally didn't make much sense and is such a run-on sentence but I really don't care.

So we've found our clique, our posse, etc. Addison's baseball coaches are great, down-to-earth guys. Funny, too. There's two other women, one who is the coach's wife, and a fellow player's mom. There's a lot of different dynamics going on within the group that are just too complex to go into if I do say so.

Needless to say, I'm happy. We fit in somewhere. I knew it would happen eventually. I was told, "You're part of the family now, girl, so don't be surprised if you have six boys sleeping over sometime soon." Okay, no problem. Addison loves it, hanging out with so many other boys his age, and that makes me happy. I sometimes feel so bad he's an only child, but I heard him tell another boy the other day that he actually liked it (He's a Material Boy).

It's nice to be part of a friend-family.

No comments: