Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Can't wait to freeze my can off




The Nash family is officially off (no jokes there, please) to Massachusetts tomorrow. Hopefully no burglars are reading this. If they are, know my large, mean dog has serious ninja skills.


We will be staying in Hyannis Thursday night, then Addison and I will be in Plymouth the rest of our stay. We are going to try to get into the Fenway tour on Friday. I'll try to steal something real cool without getting thrown in the pokey.


My BFF Ely is in the hospital while we speak. She went to the hospital yesterday because she lost her mucus plug (it's okay if you don't know what that is, because I didn't either til I had a kid). They sent her home because there were already too many women having babies at the time. I guess I can understand that because there's probably not much to do up in Wisconsin besides fornicate and eat cheese.


She texted me at 3 a.m. that she was at the hospital and her husband Brian would text or call me once the baby came. I haven't heard anything since then, about 10 1/2 hours. I'm a little worried, of course, because I have no idea what's going on, but I'm also superexcited my nephew is ready to join the world.


So I guess I'll go pack (read:throw clothes in a suitcase) to get rid of my nervous energy (both for the baby and for traveling). Please keep Ely and her family in your happy thoughts and prayers.


1 comment: