Thursday, December 27, 2007

Crazy People


Those who know me well know I am a news junkie. This morning during a commerical of Saved By The Bell (I know I'm 33, but it's like comfort food to me, it's my comfort TV) I flipped over to MSNBC and saw that Benazir Bhutto had been killed by a suicide bomber, after being shot in her head and neck. How awful. Then I started thinking about powerful women and how people are intimidated by them and what they stand for. I don't know much about Bhutto, except she was a prime minister of Pakistan at one point.

It makes me sad when powerful women (and men) are killed. My hero has been Christa McAuliffe, the teacher on the Challenger Space Shuttle, since I was 12 years old. She wasn't a political leader, but something about her appealed to me. Maybe because I wanted to be a teacher and have always been fascinated by anything space-related.

So I'm sad the world has lost a powerful female leader. We need more of them (except Hillary, please, no Hillary, I'm convinced she's packing man junk in her crotch).

No comments: