Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Enough already Big Guy


The Big Guy I'm referring to is God. There's a quote that says, "God doesn't give you more than you can handle." I believe this, but at the same time, would like to please ask God to stop giving me too much to handle.

Case in point: Christmas Eve. About 2 p.m. There's a puddle of water underneath my washing machine. Having fixed the washer several times, I pull it apart and realize there's a drip coming from a part of the washer that doesn't have a water source anywhere near it. Uh oh, not good. And it's near the electrical wiring. Double not good. So I had it. After 11 years, it's time to buy a new washer. The OCD kicks in and I'm at Lowe's at 3 p.m. and home by 4 with a new washer. With the help of my friend Stacey, we get the old washer out the door and carry in the new one. Like she said, we're badass bitches. It really wasn't as heavy as I thought it would be. I got it all hooked up and I'm actually enjoying doing laundry, for the sheer fact that everything is clean and new.

So yeah, God, could you make these next two weeks fly by without any really major hassles? 'ppreciate it.

No comments: