Saturday, December 22, 2007

You Down With OCD?


Yeah you know me. But if you don't, several years ago a very nice doctor told me I had mild OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder). Okay, I can deal with that. Through the years, I have noticed that at times my OCD flares - during the holidays, during times of stress, and when Adam is deployed. Bingo bango, all three are happening right now, and my OCD is pinging away.

More than 50 rolls of toilet paper? Check. Three cans of furniture polish? Check. And the list goes on and on. I did manage to figure out why I am like this. It all has to do with control. I have no control over certain things in my life, but I can have control over things like how much laundry detergent I have. It's a comfort thing. I know my ass will be clean because there's no chance of running out of toilet paper. I know my furniture will be clean - if I actually use the polish.
What can I say? I don't enjoy OCD but it works out well for my friends, who know if they run out of something, Erin has it.

No comments: