Saturday, June 14, 2008

Farewell, Tim


I don't know why I become attached to people on TV. Maybe I'm lacking that part of the brain that tells normal people that no, dummy, you really don't know these people.


But I feel like I do. And I was especially saddened when I heard that Tim Russert died. What the hell, he wasn't that old. Just goes to show that even the best of us can go in the blink of an eye. And a great reminder to seize life every day, and let your loved ones know how much they are loved, because you might not get the chance again.
I hate being morbid and sad, it's depressing, so on a lighter note, I will say that the movie Don't Mess With The Zohan starring Adam Sandler is a good time. Anytime Adam Sandler can have a fro and cutoff jeans and still look sexy dancing is a good time for me.
On another note, I've gotten several comments on my blog entry about "Flo", the woman on the Progressive commercials. Apparently, people find her strangely erotic. Um, okay, whatever floats your boat - and you know Flo has insurance for that boat, too.

1 comment:

Karen said...

You really don't know these folks, but yes, you really do - so no, you are not crazy. Me, I had not felt such sadness since Princess Diana died. I am seriously going to miss hearing Tim's voice. And what Dr. Nancy said on the Saturday morning tribute - you don't know when it will be "your time" - is too, too true.

Karen in DE