Monday, June 9, 2008

Must See


Everyone who knows me knows I love TV and anything space-related. As in the moon, outer space, etc.


I don't know when I became fascinated with it, but I am. I think my interest really piqued when I was in sixth grade, and Christa McCauliffe was about to become the first teacher in space.


At the time, I wanted to be a teacher. Christa embodied everything I wanted to be when I grew up: a wife, mom, teacher and astronaut. She was also a New Englander.


When the Challenger blew up, it affected me. I read everything I could about Christa, and even still have a few books about her. She has always been my hero.


I started seeing the commercials on the Discovery Channel about the miniseries, When We Left Earth: The NASA Missions and just knew I would watch it.


It started last night at 9 p.m. They went over the Mercury and Gemini missions in the 60s. It was very interesting and I was transfixed.


What I'm saying is, if you get a chance, check it out. You won't be disappointed.

No comments: