Friday, June 6, 2008

Working on my fitness, Addison's my witness


Hallelujah to my Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder.

When the Nintendo Wii came out late November of 2006, Addison wanted it from Santa. No problem, I thought. Until it became THE hottest thing. Not in stock anywhere.


I found a Web site called http://www.wiitracker.com/, which will tell you if the unit is in stock at a myriad of stores. I spent a few days waiting, waiting, waiting until one day at Gamestop a bundle, which included the Wii and seven games, came up as available. My patience and obsession had paid off.


In mid-May, Nintendo came out with the Wii Fit, a balance board that you stand on to do everything from yoga to hula hooping to push-ups and heading soccer balls. I knew I had to have it.


A week before my birthday I was at the PX and saw two Wii Fits on a table. I picked it up and held it, debating buying it right then and there but figured I would tell Adam that is what I want for my birthday, to try to give him a really good idea.


Less than a week later, the Wii Fit is not available anywhere. Fuck me. I remembered my old friends at the Wii Tracker and found that they now had a Wii Fit Tracker. Of course, the OCD turned on BIG TIME.


My persistance paid off when one day, after refreshing the site every ten minutes, found it available at ToysRUs.com. Whoopee!!!!!


Needless to say, it got delivered by the UPS man yesterday. It was like Christmas morning. I had a great time, worked out for more than an hour and worked out for an hour today also. I totally love it.


WiiFitTracker.com, you're the heat. OCD, thanks for coming through for me once again.

No comments: