Wednesday, August 6, 2008

They call me The Streak



I found this link to a Website http://www.joshhosler.biz/NumberOneInHistory/SelectMonth.htm via Twitter, and almost fell out of my chair. If you click on the month in which you were born, then the day, and scroll down to the year, it will tell you what the number one song was on that date.


Fittingly, the No. 1 song on May 29, 1974 was The Streak by Ray Stevens. It took me a second to place it, then heard it in my head: "Well they call him The Streak." It's about a dude who streaks.


It immediately brought me back to high school, when I was really dumb. The group of knuckleheads I hung out with decided that streaking while we were drunk would be really fun. The only rules were that you had to have your shorts or pants down around your ankles (undies too) and run down the street yelling, "Woohoo woohoo woohoo!" And of course I did it. I was even co-captain of our "streaking team" and the girls' captain. Sorry, mom and dad.


The saddest thing is that I'm not even ashamed of it. Oh well, guess I'll never grow up.

No comments: