Monday, August 18, 2008

Too lucky? Knock on wood...

While I was trying to turn my mind off before sleep last night, I started thinking about drama. Not the club in high school, but real-life drama. It seems like I am one of the few without a drama-filled life. I don't have a middle-schooler or high-schooler in an intense boyfriend/girlfriend relationship, I don't fight with my husband and I'm not typically stressed out.

What does happen to me, though, is I tend to empathize with my friends. When one friend gets stressed, I get stressed right along with her. I talked to my best friend in the whole world last night and she sounded depressed. After I got off the phone, I was immediately depressed. When a friend fights with her husband, I feel her pain. Why this happens, I don't know.

I do know that I am blessed. I have an awesome husband, an awesome kid and two dogs who enrich my life. It sucks not working, and I miss that extra money, but at this point we are supposed to move in a few short months so it doesn't make sense to try to find a job now. I am able to freelance and have a regular weekly column in the newspaper I used to work for, so that keeps me busy for a whole hour once a week.

All in all, I am happy. I wish my friends could get these vibes from me. It would make my life so much easier!

No comments: