Monday, March 24, 2008

Back Breaking



I've been what you would call a housewife for the last two weeks or so. I don't like the word housewife. I prefer to be called a homemaker, although that sounds like I actually build homes.

I've found I kind of lose my identity when not gainfully employed. I'm Adam's wife and Addison's mom. But I enjoy this. I like to take care of people, and if having sparkling windows is what we get out of it, so be it.

I have a lot of hours in the day to myself. I try to be productive, and so far so good. Laundry and dishes are up to date and clean. It takes a long time to get a house in tip-top shape.

It's not an easy job. And yes, it is my job, and I try to do it well. Last week I pulled something or strained a muscle or who knows what in my lower back. It's agony! Okay, I get to watch the Game Show Network all day and wonder what it would have been like to date Richard Dawson back in the day, cigarettes and leatherface and all, but I also work hard.

My master plan is to get the entire house cleaned out and organized in preparation for our move next Spring to Savannah. Wish me luck!

No comments: