Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Thank you Don

I emailed NASCAR driver Brian Vickers, like I said in yesterday's post, to thank him for how he treated my husband and his fellow Soldiers at the Atlanta Motor Speedway on Sunday.



This is what I wrote:
Mr. Vickers,I wanted to personally thank you for your kindness towards my husband and his fellow Soldiers Sunday at Atlanta Motor Speedway.My husband was very surprised and thought it was awesome that you went out of your way to thank them and have your picture taken with them at the drivers' meeting.Thank you from one of those Soldier's wives for doing that. They don't often get the recognition they deserve and the fact that you did that is just great. More drivers and people in general should do what you did. You will always be a favorite of ours in our family. Thank you,Erin Nash



This is the e-mail I received back:
Erin
I passed on to Brian. There are a few that get to him through me, you can only imagine the stuff we get- piles of it, but I assure you he saw it. Thanks for your email and your husbands service to our country.
Don

Hey, Don, you rock, whoever you are. Don Johnson? Don Ho? Regardless, thank you Don, and thank you again Brian Vickers. You are upstanding citizens.

No comments: