Sunday, March 9, 2008

Just A Good Ol' Boy



I've been living vicariously all day through Adam. He's spent the day up at the Atlanta Motor Speedway for the NASCAR race. His unit was asked to provide Soldiers for the color guard at the beginning of the race.

Real quick sidenote: FOX, you suck. You announce the unit then don't show one single Soldier posting the colors during the national anthem. Shame on you. They deserve the recognition and you messed up. I am very angry with you.

First, Adam texted me and told me he was in the drivers' meeting. NOT FAIR! He probably got to stare at the back of Dale Jr.'s head.

Second, some of the actors from The Dukes of Hazzard were up there to promote Hazzardfest or something really cool like that that they are having at AMS in June. Adam got to slide across the hood of the General Lee. Woohoo, he is now a certified member of Redneck Nation. He also said he saw Bo or Luke. Okay, Adam, you can't be a true fan if you don't know if it's Bo or Luke. I wanted to marry Bo when I was six. I'm sure he was more interested in Daisy way back then and her crotch-huggers, but still, it's the Hazzard boys!!!

Third, after the race was done, Adam and his fellow Soldiers were able to hang out in Victory Lane and get a picture with the winner. Unfortunately, Kyle Busch won the race. Ewwwww. Kyle and his brother Kurt are not liked very much by a lot of drivers and fans. But hey, I'd go hang out there too, just to get my mug on TV. We've all seen Adam on TV so many different times but it's still nice to see him in all his handsomeness.

At least my drivers did well. Dale Jr., my main driver, finished third. Tony Stewart, my back-up driver, finished second. God must have felt bad that I had to watch it all on TV, and be sick on top of it. I feel like crap-hot on the outside, cold on the inside, except in my mouth and throat, which are hot. That's the nastiest feeling, having the inside of your mouth feel all hot. Here's to fingers crossed that the sickness finds its way out and not develop into the flu or a cold.

No comments: