Thursday, March 6, 2008

Sunshine and Sox


I quit my job. And I couldn't be happier. I liked it okay, just didn't love and didn't really enjoy it. All I had to do was call the HR office and tell the lady I was resigning. Easy enough. It feels like a weight has been lifted off me. It wasn't terrible, but I would wake up at 5 a.m. waiting to see if I would get called at 6:15 to go work. Not the best job for someone with mild generalized anxiety disorder. So I have a lot of anxiety gone. And it feels great.


Adam is still on leave and we have been enjoying each other's company immensely. It is 70 degrees and sunny outside right now. We sat in the gazebo and read (he read his Ancient Rome textbook for his class, I finished up Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella-very good book btw). We cranked up the volume on the TV and listened to the Red Sox play the Dodgers. I couldn't have been happier. It's the simple things you have to learn to enjoy.


So what now for me? I am going to finish out this week vacationing with Adam then next week go to the Army Learning Center and let them figure out how I can take online classes for little or no money. I am going to focus on my education for the sheer fact that I know that I'm smart, and would like to apply myself towards something other than Jeopardy! and being a pop culture nerd. I am thinking about pursuing a bachelor's degree in Sociology, because that is what interests me most. I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up, but I have a couple years until Addison is old enough for me to work full time.

No comments: