Thursday, March 13, 2008

Rest In Peace Big Daddy


I got some sad news today. My grandfather, whom has been affectionately referred to as "Big Daddy" since before I was born, has passed away. I am deeply saddened. He pulled out my first tooth when I was six. He taught me the term "buck tooth bitch" when I was little and he was having a small fit of road rage. He taught me that 99% of the world is ignorant. I remember watching the Red Sox with him on hot Saturday afternoons.



Addison's middle name is Albert, for him. I told Adam when I was pregnant that if it was a boy, his middle name was going to be Albert, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Big Daddy always called him Double A, for Addison Albert.


We got to see Big Daddy not even two weeks ago while we were home visiting. It was a shock to see him so frail. I knew that would be the last time I saw him.


So, if you could, keep him and my family in your prayers. The world has lost yet another World War II veteran. Not only that, the world has lost a great man.

No comments: