Monday, March 10, 2008

You rock NASCAR fans




Adam had a great time at Atlanta Motor Speedway. He described to me how when his unit was announced, the crowd went wild. They did their formation, and after that the announcer went on to tell about the unit and what they do. The crowd loved it. I can just imagine what it was like for Adam to stand down there, representing his unit. I bet he had goosebumps, like he gets in the final fight scene of The Karate Kid.






After that they had to go through the stands and Adam said everyone wanted to shake their hands and thank them for their service. I love that. NASCAR fans are mostly blue-collar, hardworking folk who appreciate our military and what they do for us and our country. And I appreciate that they make it a point to thank our Soldiers for what they do day in and day out.






Thank you, NASCAR fans, for making my husband and his fellow Soldiers feel special. I know they appreciated it. You rock.



Also, I just remembered that Adam told me that the Red Bull car driver Brian Vickers came over to the guys at the drivers' meeting and personally thanked them for their service. I sent Vickers an email thanking him, because Adam thought that was really cool. Vickers even posed for pictures with the guys.


I also sent FoxSports an email lambasting them for not showing the Soldiers in the color guard and formation during the national anthem. I feel much better.

No comments: